Saturday, February 07, 2009

For My Knitting Friends - Knitpicks is Fun

Imagination 2009 Paper 1024x768Wine Lace Paper 1024x768As I grow in knitting, I've discovered there's a whole Internet world out there for those who love playing with yarn. Although I've just scratched the surface in knitdom - and the same with knit-Internet - I thought I'd share my latest find. Many of you longtime knitters probably already know about Knitpicks, but it was a huge discovery for me! KnitPicks is a knitting

Risata 2009 Paper 1024x768
community that offers many different interests for yarnfolk. Starting off with a catalog offering patterns, needles, kits, books, and of course, yarn. But beyond that, there are podcasts and video tutorials, a blog, and special sales (their 40% book sale is on through February 13th), too.
Felici Wall Paper 1024x768

There's even freebies at Knitpicks - all the photos shown here are free for you to download and use as wallpaper on your computer. There's also free patterns available - hats, scarves, afghans, shawls, leg warmers, bags, even a couple of different sock patterns (hope to try one of those soon). What fun - there's a bowtie pattern! (Now if I only knew a bowtie-wearer - and it's definitely not Tom.) If you don't find what you're looking for in the free patterns section, there's Designer Exclusives patterns available for downloading for only $1.29 each.

Lots to learn yet about Knitpicks - it's one of several knitting places that have recently caught my eye. Hope you have as much fun there as I have!

Crayon Wall Paper 1024x768





No comments: