Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Facebook Fun - Owned!






I've been playing on Facebook a bit, and discovered the application Owned, which is quite popular and offers photos from people all over the world.

Being a photographer, I see many of the photos are just plain-jane self-portraits, some good, some not so good. But the breadth of variety in subject matter has been absolutely amazing - pets, wild animals, scenics, studio work (some of it very good), fractals - it's been a fabulous source of ideas and just good old fun and laughter.

The dog photo above is one of those - can you remember the last time you saw a flying dog? And for a photographer to shoot at the exact moment that both dogs are flying in mid-stride?

If you want some good laughs and really interesting interaction with others across the world, take a look at Facebook. It's geared towards adults rather than teenagers, which is what attracted me in the first place. I've used Owned to show off some of my antiques, as well as some of my photography, and have had a lot of fun connecting to folks throughout the planet.

No comments: