Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Jill Bolte Taylor - Stroke Genius

My good friend Alice Day sent me this video today. It's a talk by Jill Bolte Taylor about the stroke she had, and how she was able to interpret it from the inside out. Jill is a research scientist, and her stroke - though completely unexpected - gave her insights she could never have dreamed of.

I cannot thank Alice enough for sending me this video.

It has impacted me so very much. Not only can I relate to everything Jill Taylor went through (and I am forever grateful that my own stroke was minor compared to what she went through), but it also points me in a positive direction. What Jill Taylor discovered is that there can be good in something so horrendous as having a stroke. She's an inspiration to me, and her talk was not only humorous but was wonderful for strengthening my spirit.

Thanks, Alice. ((((hugs to you))))


(If you'd like to read more about Jill Bolte Taylor, check out this link.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beth! my SIL just took me to borders to get jill's book sunday. i have been reading it the past three nights.

another thing- betsy (the SIL) lives in Bloomington and actually met her a few days ago! I get to btown pretty often to visit, i wonder if i will ever be able to meet her too someday.